Mechanical behavior of concrete columns reinforced with rheoplastic mortar
Keywords:Columns, Concrete structures, Strength, Testing of materials
The present research fits in the general thematic of the renovation of existing building with special attention to concrete structures. A series of tests have been performed with the aim to define the best solution in strengthening a deteriorated structure with a rheoplastic mortar reinforcement. Three types of possible structural reinforcing renovation on reinforced concrete pillars have been considered, with special attention to adhesion between materials with different chemical-physical and mechanical characteristics. The crack patterns obtained on the specimens have been analyzed to demonstrate the relevance of an appropriate thickness of the reinforcement to obtain an effective mechanical behavior of the reinforced concrete element over time.
(1) Bentayeb, F., Ait Tahar, K., Chateauneuf, A.: "New technique for reinforcement of concrete columns confined by embedded composite grid", Construction and Building Materials, vol. 22, issue 8, (2008), pp. 1624-1633, ISSN: 0950-0618.
(2) Foti, D.: "Preliminary analysis of concrete reinforced with waste bottles PET fibers", Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, issue 4, (2011), pp. 1906-1915, ISSN: 0950-0618.
(3) Foti D.: "Use of recycled waste pet bottles fibers for the reinforcement of concrete", in press on Composite Structures, (2012), ISSN: 0263-8223.
(4) Fukuyama, K., Higashibata, Y., Miyauchi, Y.: "Studies on repair and strengthening methods of damaged reinforced concrete columns", Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 22, issue 1, (2000), pp. 81-88. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(99)00044-X
(5) Steif, P. S., Hoysan, S. F.: "On load transfer between imperfectly bonded constituents", Mechanics of Materials, vol. 5, issue 4, (1986), pp. 375-382. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0167-6636(86)90041-4
(6) Lee, Ho J., Aschleim, M., Hernajndez-Montes, E., Gil-Martan, L.M.: "Optimum RC column reinforcement considering multiple load combinations", Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 39, issue 2, (2009), pp. 153-170. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00158-008-0318-4
(7) Liu, J., Foster, S.J.: "A three-dimensional finite element model for confined concrete structures", Computers and Structures, vol. 77, issue 5, (July 2000), pp. 441-451. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(00)00007-9
(8) Hadi, M.N.S., Li, J.: "External reinforcement of high strength concrete columns", Composite Structures, vol. 65, issue 3-4, (Sept. 2004), pp. 279-287, ISSN: 0263-8223.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2013 Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.© CSIC. Manuscripts published in both the printed and online versions of this Journal are the property of Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, and quoting this source is a requirement for any partial or full reproduction.
All contents of this electronic edition, except where otherwise noted, are distributed under a “Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International” (CC BY 4.0) License. You may read here the basic information and the legal text of the license. The indication of the CC BY 4.0 License must be expressly stated in this way when necessary.
Self-archiving in repositories, personal webpages or similar, of any version other than the published by the Editor, is not allowed.