Focus and Scope
Materiales de Construcción is a journal published by CSIC and edited by the Instituto de Ciencias de la Construcción Eduardo Torroja.
It was founded in 1949 at the Technical Institute for Construction and Cement under the heading Últimos avances en materiales de construcción. Boletín de circulación limitada (ISSN 1698-9333). In 1958 was renamed as Materiales de Construcción. Ultimos avances (ISSN 0465-2746) and published with its actual name from 1974. It began to be available online in 2007, in PDF format, maintaining printed edition until 2014. That year it became an electronic journal publishing in PDF, HTML and XML-JATS. Contents of previous issues are also available in PDF files.
It is a scientific Journal published in English, intended for researchers, plant technicians and other professionals engaged in the area of Construction, Materials Science and Technology. Scientific articles focus mainly on:
- Physics and chemistry of the formation of cement and other binders.
- Cement and concrete. Components (aggregate, admixtures, additions and similar). Behaviour and properties.
- Durability and corrosion of other construction materials.
- Restoration and conservation of the materials in heritage monuments.
- Weathering and the deterioration of construction materials.
- Use of industrial waste and by-products in construction.
- Manufacture and properties of other construction materials, such as: gypsum/plaster, lime, composite materials, polymers, recycled materials, stone, brick and tile, glass, wood and so forth.