This journal use the software iThenticate as tool for plagiarism detection (Anti-plagiarism Policy)
- Submission and acceptance for consideration. Papers submitted for publication in Materiales de Construcción must meet the requirements set out below. Non-compliant manuscripts will be returned.
- Originals: Originals must be submitted in English. All originals received will be reviewed by two referees in accordance with criteria of scientific quality. Final decisions on the publication of manuscripts will be made by the Editorial Board based on the referee’s evaluations. Journal reviewing is double-blinded. Referee’s suggestions will be forwarded to the authors for amendment of their papers as appropriate. Only original manuscripts not previously be published in other journals will be accepted. Originals may not be over 10 single-spaced pages long, in Times New Roman 11pt.
- Wording and presentation. The text should be worded as clearly and concisely as possible. Papers will be published in English and on occasion in English and Spanish. Authors must submit their manuscripts in English to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Article structure. The paper should be divided into clearly defined and numbered sections. Subsections should be also numbered. Any section or subsection may be given a brief heading. Each article should consist of the following sections:
a. Essential title page information
- Title. Paper titles should be explicit and precise and clearly reflect their content. They should be followed by the author´s(s’) name(s), surname(s), position(s), affiliation(s) as appropriate and date of submission.
- Author names and affiliations. Authors are requested to specify whether they use compound or otherwise ambiguous family names. Authors’ affiliations (centres where the research was actually conducted) should be placed underneath the names. Authors will be identified with their respective affiliations by means of a lower-case superscript letter placed immediately after the author’s name and before the name and address of the institution. Full postal addresses must be provided for each affiliation, including the country name and the author’s e-mail address, as appropriate.
- Corresponding author. The author who will handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, as well as during post-publication, must be specified, along with the respective e-mail address and complete postal address.
- Abstract. Articles are to be preceded by an abstract in English and Spanish (maximum 150 words in each language), clearly indicating objectives, approach and conclusions.
- Keywords. No more than five keywords may be listed from the list provided at the webpage, downloadable HERE.
The introduction must clearly define the objectives of the research, and include a review of the state of the art.
c. Material and methods
Descriptions must be given in sufficient detail for all trials to be reproduced.
Results should be set out clearly and concisely.
The significance of the results, as well as their importance for knowledge advancement, must be analysed. The results and discussion sections may be combined.
The main conclusions of the study should be briefly presented.
References should be limited to publications directly related to the paper submitted. Lengthy comments on the publications cited should be avoided. References are to be cited in the text by number, between parentheses, and listed at the end of the paper in consecutive order. Entries should use the following format:
Example for periodicals journals:
Ghorab, H.Y.; Kenawi, I.M.; Abdell All, Z.G. (2012) Interaction between cements with different composition and superplasticizers. Mater. Construcc. 62 , 359-380. http://dx.doi.org/10.3989/mc.2012.63610.
Example for book:
Taylor, H. F. W. (1990) Cement Chemistry, Academia Press, Inc. New York, (1990).
DOI: DOI references should be included.
- Tables, figures and photographs. Tables and figures should be included with restraint. Each graph or figure must be numbered and cited in the text accordingly. The approximate position for figures in the text should be specified. Only photographs that are genuinely useful, reproductively clear and representative should be submitted. Tables, figures and photographs are to be submitted on separate pages with English headings, captions and lettering. Figures and photographs must be provided in TIFF format.
- Mathematical expressions and formulas. Maximum clarity and legibility should be pursued, using the notation that takes up the least possible space. Formulas are to be cited in the text between square brackets.
- Proofs. Authors will be provided galleys for proofing, which must be returned with any corrections, together with the original, within one week. No new material corrections will be allowed on proofs.
© CSIC. Manuscripts published in both the printed and online versions of this Journal are the property of Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, and quoting this source is a requirement for any partial or full reproduction.
All contents of this electronic edition, except where otherwise noted, are distributed under a “Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Spain” license (CC-by). You may read here the basic information and the legal text of the license. The indication of the license CC-by must be expressly stated in this way when necessary.